Epson printer says ‘Stopped or Filter failed on Mac is a rare issue for Mac users, but you will be at your wit’s end when it appears. The problem can come up all of a sudden. Generally, it shows due to an issue with the Epson printer driver software like corrupt driver software. It can cause it to behave in unusual ways, due to which it is not going to recognize the printer. Users, read the full article because it is going to give you a detailed hack on ‘How to fix stopped or filter failed on Epson printer and Mac and issues regarding Epson printer drivers’
If you are trying to find printer troubleshooting steps for the Epson printer filter failed printer issue. Do not worry. You do not have to move mountains for this. We will provide you with simple fixes. A crucial thing for you to remember is that you have to merely get to the bottom of the issue to fix it from scratch. The problem lies in the device driver. Therefore, you have to delete the existing driver. Then, perform the Epson printer driver software download from the official site of your Epson printer. Then, activating it can help you in resolving the issue.
Read on to seek out information about how you will successfully fix the Epson printer Stopped or Filter failed in Mac.
How to Fix Epson Printer Filter Failed Error on Mac
If your Epson printer says Stopped or Filter failed in Mac, there are a couple of troubleshooting steps that you can attempt to fix the issue.
- Uninstall the present faulty printer driver from your device (Mac) completely. Now, perform the most recent updated Epson printer driver software download. Afterward, activate it.
- Power off your printer. Next, follow the path: Open System Preferences > Print & Fax.
- Select the model of your printer. Then, by clicking on the “-“ delete the model of your printer from the list.
- Select the choice to delete the name of your printer from the list. Then, close the ‘Print & Fax’ window.
- Now, navigate to your disk drive. Follow this path: Library->Printers. Afterward, delete the folder named ‘Epson.’
- Now, revisit to your disk drive and follow the path: Library-> Printers -> PPD -> Contents-> Resources. Then look for the name of your printing device on the list that follows. Once you discover the name of your Epson printer, delete it from the list.
- Now, go back to to your disk drive and follow the path: Library-> Printers -> PPD -> Contents-> Resources. Then, look for the name of your printing device on the list that follows. Once you discover the name of your Epson printer, delete it from the list.
- Restart the pc and switch your printer ON.
- Visit the Epson printer official site and search for the model of your printer. Then, find the Epson printer driver for it. Once you discover it, download the software.
- Wait for a minute until the download is complete. After downloading the printer driver software, launch the file and follow the instructions that appear on the screen. Ensure you are doing it following the instructions. Once the installation is complete, you will be able to check your printer.
- Finally, verify whether the problem persists. You will know whether you have been able to resolve the matter by trying to get a print. Successful resolution of your issue has taken place if you can get prints.
Check for printer issues
Hopefully, the above steps will solve the Epson printer ‘Stopped or Filter failed in Mac issue, just in issue persists, there could be something seriously wrong with the machine. A hardware issue is often behind it. A correct diagnosis is important to work out the precise cause behind the weird behavior of your printer. Consider getting professional help from the Epson printer technician.
Printer issues can land you into serious problems once you need urgent prints for business purposes. So you ought to take immediate steps to mend your Epson printer printing issue instead of keeping it pending for too long.
Why is Epson printer offline on Mac?
The common causes for Epson printer offline problems are old printer drivers, paper jam, network issues etc.
Is Epson printer compatible on Mac?
Yes, Epson printers are compatible with the latest versions of Mac.
How to get my Epson printer back online Mac?
First go to ‘Restore Default Settings’ and press OK. Now ‘Network Settings’, press OK, then select Yes. On your Mac PC, open the menu and select ‘System Preferences’. Hit the Print & Scan, Print & Fax, or Printers & Scanners window. Select your printer, then click to delete the printer.
Using the above methods, you can fix the Epson printer Stopped or Filter failed in Mac. Also, try out our other posts on Epson printer offline, the way to troubleshoot printer, or other issues.
Hopefully, this was your Ultimate guide on How to fix stopped or filter failed on Epson printer and Mac and issues regarding Epson printer drivers.