Whether your Epson printer is not printing properly, too slow, printer offline error Windows 10, or printer printing blank, we are the specialists at Epson Printer troubleshooting methods. In this post on Epson printer troubleshooting, we will give you quick hacks to iron out several kinds of issues that the users of Epson printers encounter. Our blog specializes in Epson printer problems and solutions. In this post we have also provided hacks on How do you reset your Epson printer? and Epson printer not printing after changing ink. Now, let us quickly look at these Epson printer problems and solutions.
Troubleshooting for Various Epson Printer Problems
We have fixes for the six most common problems with Epson printers. Below are the steps to fix Epson printer errors. Make sure you check out each step before trying to fix it.
Fix 1: Reduce Print Quality for Epson Printer Printing too Slow problem
Lowering the print quality works as a great fix when your printer is printing too slow. To do this, you will have to change from the normal mode to the draft-printing mode. You can fix this in only two steps.
- Firstly, select ‘Print and Properties’ on your PC.
- Secondly, you have to make changes to the default settings of the print quality. Set it to “Fast Draft”.
Pro Tip: Additionally, by changing the print quality, you can also choose to print website pages without including the graphics. Increasing the RAM of your Epson printer will also work well.
Fix 2: Set as Default for Print Jobs Not Being Sent to Epson Printer
Occasionally, Windows users have experienced that they cannot direct print jobs to their Epson Inkjet printers. Have you experienced the same? One possible reason for this is you have not set as default printer your Epson printer. The same problem can also arise when you have upgraded your PC from Vista to Windows 7.
You can fix this issue using the 4-step Epson printer troubleshooting solution given here.
- Firstly, hit ‘Start Menu’ of your Windows 7 PC.
- Secondly, choose “Devices and Printers”.
- Thirdly, in the section of ‘Printers and Faxes’, you have to right-click on your Epson printer.
- Lastly, choose the option of ‘Set as Default Printer’.
Now, your Epson printer is the default-printing device. As a result, you can easily direct print jobs to your printer. To test, you can try giving a print command right away.
Fix 3: Unclog Printhead for Epson Printer not Printing issue
Sometimes you have experienced Epson Inkjet printer not printing correctly, printing too light, not printing after changing ink, or you may find horizontal lines present on the print. The key source of such print error can range from a clogged print head to dried out ink.
Unclogging the print head of your printer is the most effective Epson printer troubleshooting for ink-related issues.
- Firstly, on your Windows 7 computer, hit on ‘Start’.
- Secondly, tap on Devices and Printers. You can also open the Control Panel.
- Thirdly, find the utility application for the printer.
- Finally, using the utility program, unclog the print head of your printer.
Fix 4: Reset Printer Ink Cartridge for Empty Cartridge Error
Your Epson printer may be displaying a message, which says that the device is out of ink. We believe that resetting will be great for Epson printer troubleshooting for ink-related issues.
The below nine steps given here will help you in resetting the ink cartridges of your printer:
- On your Epson printer, hit the button with the home icon.
- Now, choose ‘Setup’
- Tap on ‘Maintenance’
- Select ‘Reset Ink Levels’
- You will see various ‘Start’ buttons. Hit any one of these and press ‘Ok’
- Again, press the ‘Ok’ button.
- For selecting the refilled ink tank, use the arrow buttons for right and left. Now hit ‘Ok’. You may want to repeat this step for all the refilled ink tanks.
- Now, hit any one of the ‘Start’ buttons and press ‘Ok’
Fix 5: Epson Printer Troubleshooting for WIFI related problems
Wireless Epson printers are efficient and fast. At times, however, their speed may seem decreased. Thus, this might be due to slow performance. If your wireless Epson printer is also very slow, then we have easy fixes for it. Try these three simple tips to improve the performance of your printing machine.
- Firstly, place your WIFI Epson printer close to your router. Keeping it out of the router’s range can reduce its speed.
- Secondly, make sure your wireless Epson printer supports 802.11n spec.
- Thirdly, the most important tip is to ensure that your net is working and has good speed.
Fix 6: Using Authentic Ink Cartridges to Resolve Poor Quality Prints
Many of the Epson printer users reported that they were not satisfied with the print quality after using refilled or remanufactured ink cartridges. You should avoid this big mistake. Remanufactured or third party products cannot beat the quality of the Epson printer ink cartridge. You may find a price difference compared to remanufactured ink cartridges, but the print quality will never disappoint you.
Epson Printer Models Compatible with Fixes
Finally, the Epson printer troubleshooting methods provided in this post will help you for resolving problems in various models of the Epson L Printer series, Epson WorkForce Printer series, Epson XP printer series, Epson Stylus Printer series, Epson NX Printer series, and other such series.
Frequently asked questions on the net
Why is my printer not printing properly?
A range of factors may cause the printer not printing properly like low ink, print settings, or the product itself. Print a nozzle check pattern to check for any clogged nozzles. If necessary, clean the print head. Make sure that the paper size, orientation and layout settings in your printer software are correct.
Why is my Epson printer not printing even after changing ink?
Check if the cartridge vents are blocked. Try using a different ink cartridge to evaluate if your printer is ready to identify cartridges. If your printer seemed to work with an old cartridge, try to re-install that old cartridge and see if your printer produces any output – any shade of grey will do.
How do you reset your Epson printer?
Epson printer Factory Resetting
- Switch the printer off.
- Push and hold the reset button on the back of your printer (normally located to the right of the ethernet port).
- Switch on the printer while pressing the reset button.
- Wait until a message is printed indicating that the printer is being reset.
- Finally, you have reset your Epson Printer.
In conclusion, you can use the above methods of Epson printer troubleshooting for ink cartridge, WIFI, software, offline related issues.
Hopefully, for you this was the Ultimate Epson printer troubleshooting guide for printer not printing properly, reset your Epson printer, Epson printer not printing after changing ink. Also check our other posts for other Epson printer problems and solutions.