How to change ink on Epson Printer in an Easy Way
Users, if you are worrying, how to change the ink in Epson printer. Then stop worrying and keep your cool. Our easy techniques will iron out your problems. You do not have to move mountains for this. We will provide you with simple hacks on“How to change ink and ink cartridge on Epson printer WF-2630, WF-2850, WF-2750, XP-440. Also, how to use stop button on an Epson printer and issues regarding Epson printer not printing when the ink is full.”
When the ink level drops low or the ink is empty, you will need to change the ink and install a new one in place. Learn how to change the ink of Epson printers in this post with us. We’ve shown several ways to change the ink on your Epson printer. We also shared model-specific ink change processes. And if your Epson printer doesn’t work after changing the ink, then we’ve also provided the fixes for that.
How do I refill the ink in my printer?
If the ink level in your Epson printer is low or the ink cartridge is empty, you can use these simple techniques to change it. Check the Epson printer change ink guidelines below.
- Firstly, check that the Epson printer is ON.
- Secondly, open the cover or if the scanner is in it, then lift the scanner unit.
- Thirdly, if there is a signal on the LCD screen about the low level of ink in the device, press “Ok.” If you don’t have a message, go to the “Setup” menu. Choose “Maintenance.” Then, simply select “Ink cartridge replacement.”
- Fourthly, ensure that the printer head is in the replacement position. If this is not the case, push the ‘Maintenance’ option. Use your hand to avoid moving the print head.
- Now, access the cover of the cartridge.
- Squeeze the tab at the end of the cartridge.
- Now, keep it straight and pull the cartridge up.
- Shake the new ink cartridge a few times and take away the packaging.
- You’re going to see yellow tape on the new cartridge. Remove the tape. Make sure that no other seals or labels are removed or else the ink will begin to leak.
- Install the new ink cartridge inside the holder. Push it down until you hear a click sound.
- Next, shut down the cover of your Epson printer.
- After the installation is complete, push the “Maintenance” button. You can also press “Check” or “Ok” if the “Maintenance” button is not available.
- Finally, print a test page to make sure that the new ink cartridge has been correctly installed.
How do I change the ink for a remanufactured cartridge in my printer?
Changing the Epson remanufactured printer cartridge requires care and the right set of instructions. The step-by-step procedure for the change of ink cartridge for the Epson printer was given below. Read the steps carefully to change the cartridge of the remanufactured ink.
- Switch off the Epson printer power.
- Unplug the power cable, too.
- Now, you’ve got to wait 15 seconds.
- Next, access your Epson printer cartridge.
- Take the cartridge out carefully. Don’t shake the cartridge and make sure you keep it straight.
- Remove the new ink cartridge from the packaging.
- Carefully install the new ink cartridge.
- Close your printer, then.
- Now connect the power cable to your Epson printer and turn it on.
- Let your Epson printer process the new ink cartridge for a couple of minutes.
- Now, take a test print to ensure that the cartridge has been correctly installed and is working.
How to change the ink in my Epson printer for EcoTank?
If you have an EcoTank in your Epson printer, you can refill it. It’s simple to refill the EcoTank ink. Here, we have demonstrated how to refill the ink tank in 14 steps.
- Access your Epson printer’s ink tank cover.
- Open the ink pot cap that needs to be refilled.
- Keep the cap secure in the holder of the EcoTank.
- Take off the tip of the new bottle of ink.
- In case the bottle has a seal, carefully remove the seal.
- Fill the EcoTank to the top of it.
- If any ink is left in the bottle, cover it with a cap and use it later when necessary. Always remember to store the bottle of ink in a dark and cool place.
- Put the cap of the ink pot that has been filled in.
- Repeat this process to fill all the colors that need to be refilled with the EcoTank.
- Then close your Epson printer’s ink tank cover.
- Print the trial page after a while to ensure the ink tanks have been refilled properly.
We will advise you to be very careful when handling cartridges for all the procedures mentioned in this blog for Epson printer changing ink cartridges. Also, if the ink is on your skin, wash it immediately with soap and water. You can also wear disposable gloves to avoid putting ink on your hands. If the ink is in your eyes, wash it with cold water. Spit it out immediately if it’s going to get into your mouth.
How do I change the ink on the Epson printer WF 2630?
Know how to change your Epson WF 2630 printer ink cartridge in just 11 steps. Before you change your ink, read these steps to make sure that there is no error while you change it.
- The first step is to switch your printer ON.
- If the ink cartridge is consumed, you may get a notification on the LCD screen.
- Before making a change, always note down which cartridge is best suited to your printer. Note which containers needed to be swapped. Press “Ok” and then tap the “Up” arrow.
- If you’re swapping a cartridge in advance, you’ll see a memo on the LCD screen. To select the “Setup” option, press the Down or Up arrow key. Hit “Ok”. Select “Maintenance.” Select “Ink cartridge(s) replacement” and then press one of the “Start” buttons.
- Now, please lift the scanner unit. Do not dislocate the head of the printer by hand. If this happens, that means damage of your printer. Also, avoid touching the white flat cable inside your printer.
- Press the ink container tab and lift the cartridge straight up.
- Shake it before opening the new cartridge package. After opening the seal, avoid shaking the cartridge, or the ink will spill. Avoid dashing a green-colored chip or a small gap in the ink container. Install the new cartridge instantly after removing the old cartridge.
- Take the yellow adhesive tape from the side of the ink container.
- Place the new cartridge in the holder and press it until you hear a clicking sound.
- Shut down the scanner unit.
- Press the “Start” key. The print head moves to its original position and starts charging the ink. You will get a notification when the process is finished.
Word of Caution:
It is suggested that you leave the old and drained cartridges in your printer until and unless you have a new pair of cartridges to replace them. The Epson WF 2630 change ink has a simple replacement procedure. You can do that yourself. Also, keep in mind that you don’t open ink cartridges until you’re ready to install new cartridges. Cartridges come with a vacuum pack to keep it up for a long time.
How do I change the ink of the printer Stylus SX235W?
Looking for an easy way to change the ink on the Epson Stylus SX235W Printer? The easiest ink change procedure for the Epson printer is shown below in 15 steps.
- Lift the printer scanner unit. If the print head moves, wait until it stops. Do not touch the print head or the white ribbon.
- Push the “Stop” button on the Control Panel.
- Press the button to check the empty cartridges.
- Now, get the new replacement cartridge out. Shake it a couple of times while keeping it packed.
- Carefully separate the package from the cartridge.
- Take the yellow tab out of the new cartridge. Do not touch or remove any other part of the cartridge.
- Release the old cartridge tab in your Epson printer.
- Pull up the old cartridge, keep it straight.
- Install your Epson printer with the new ink cartridge. Slowly push it down. When you hear a click, it will be correctly positioned.
- Remove all old ink cartridges in the same way.
- Gently install all the new ink cartridges as described above.
- Now, shut down the scanner unit and close the printer.
- Press the “Stop” button on the Control Panel.
- Allow your printer to perform an ink change process for a few minutes. Finishing of the process take place when the power light stops flashing.
- Print a trial page to check that the cartridges are working.
Epson Stylus SX235W Printer users can also use the “Epson Status Monitor” on their PC to check the level of ink in the cartridges.
How do you change the ink on the XP 430 Printer?
When the ink cartridge of your Epson XP 430 Printer is on the verge of expiring, you will receive an alert on your screen to replace it. Let us now find out how to change ink cartridges for Epson Printer XP 430.
- When you see the “Replace ink cartridges” message on your printer screen, click “Replace now.” If the message does not appear, press the “Home” button on the “Control Panel” and then press the “Left” arrow key. Select “Setup” and then click “Ok.”
- To select “Maintenance,” press the “Right” arrow key. Press “Ok” then.
- Press the “right” arrow key again. Keep pressing until the “Ink Cartridge Replacement” option comes along. Press “Ok” then.
- Now, pull up the scanner unit. The print head stops moving to the right side of the scanner unit.
- Press the tab on each cartridge section to remove it.
- Then pull the cartridge up. Keep the cartridges in the same order that they were inside the printer. The order of the ink cartridges for the Epson XP 430 Printer is black, yellow, magenta and cyan.
- Now, keep the new cartridges packed, shake them 4 to 5 times.
- Remove the new ink cartridge packaging.
- Remove the yellow tab on the cartridges, too.
- Press down the tab. Place it in the right color slot. You can stop pressing the tab when you hear a click sound. Don’t touch the ink cartridge gold and green chip sides.
- Next, close your Epson printer’s scanner unit.
- On the Control Panel, press the “Start” button.
- Your machine will take some time to charge for the new ink. Wait a couple of minutes.
- When the charging of the ink is complete, an alert will appear on the device screen. Press the “Ok” button.
- Check the proper installation of ink by taking a trial print.
How do I change the ink in Workforce 545 printer?
In this segment of the blog, we’re going to tell you how to change the ink cartridges on your Epson Workforce 545 Printer. The instructions for changing the printer ink for this printer model are as follows.
- You’ll get a message to change the ink cartridges on your printer screen. Choose “Replace now” then. If the message does not appear, press the “Setup” button.
- Choose the “Maintenance” option.
- Press the “Right arrow” key to select “Maintenance” Press “Ok” then.
- Press the “Right arrow” button again to select “Ink cartridge replacement.” Press “Ok” then.
- Now, lift the scanner to access the cartridges.
- Access the cover of the cartridge and press the tab on the cartridge.
- Pull out the cartridge you want to change the ink for.
- Press the tab at the end of each cartridge to remove it.
- When you pull out the cartridges, make sure they in the correct order. The correct order of the cartridges for the Epson Workforce 545 Printer is black, yellow, magenta and cyan.
- Shake the new cartridge before removing the packaging.
- Take the yellow tab from the new cartridge to access vent hole. Don’t touch the green or golden chip.
- Push the tab near the color slot to install the new cartridge. Stop pressing it when you hear the sound of it.
- Shut the cover of the cartridge.
- Then lower the scanner unit down.
- Wait until full charging of the ink in your printer.
- Take a test print after the charging is complete.
How do I change the ink in the XP 200 Printer?
Here you can see how you can change Epson XP 200 printer ink cartridge. Below are the 10 steps to do this.
- Ensure that your Epson XP 200 Printer is ON.
- Now, open the scanner unit.
- On the Control Panel, press the “Stop” button.
- Push the tab on the cartridge inside the machine. Then take it up.
- Gently shake the packed new cartridge.
- Separate the packaging and remove the yellow tape on the cartridge.
- Then insert it in the holder by pressing it down.
- Close your scanner unit.
- Press the “Stop” button, please.
- Wait for 3 minutes for the charging of ink.
When the print head moves to the home position and you see the “Ink” or “Power” light flash, the cartridge may not have been installed correctly. Tap the “Stop” button and install the cartridge correctly.
My Epson printer is not printing when the ink is full or upon changing Ink
Your Epson printer does not print after changing ink or full ink is due to several reasons, such as not detaching the protective tape, the creation of ink bubbles in the cartridge, and the dried ink blockage. In some instances, your machine will not recognize the newly installed ink cartridge and will read it as empty. Let us see what you can do to solve this problem.
Fix 1: Try the Cleaning Cycle
You may have followed the procedure for changing the ink in an Epson printer correctly. And yet your device may not be printing. This happens when you’re not a frequent printer user. As a result, new installation of the cartridge has not taken place for a long time. This could cause the ink to dry up and leave the impressions. Running an extensive cleaning cycle can help to solve this problem. Press the “Cleaning” button on your Epson printer for a few seconds. If your printer does not have this button, check the manual of your device for the same.
Fix 2: Reset the Ink Cartridge Counter
Considering the model of your Epson printer, it may have the reset feature of the cartridge. This feature may sometimes prevent your printer from recognizing the newly installed ink cartridge. In that case, we’ll suggest that you reset your Epson printer’s ink cartridge counter. Once after resetting the ink cartridge counter, your device will be able to recognize the new ink cartridge.
Fix 3: Ensure proper refilling of the cartridge
If you have gone for refilling of the ink cartridge rather than opting for a replacement, please make sure refilling is done properly. Air bubbles are formed during the process of refilling the ink cartridge. If these bubbles get trapped, your Epson printer won’t print. As a fix, add more ink to the cartridge sponge when the bubbles form. Also, allow the cartridge to sit idle for at least an hour to remove the bubbles.
Fix 4: Remove the Protective Tape
Depending on the model, there may be a strip of protective tape on your Epson printer. This protective tape is generally provided to block the nozzle and prevent the ink from spilling during shipping. When you change the ink in an Epson printer, always make sure you remove this protective tape strip. Otherwise, your device will not print.
Ink Change Procedures and Epson Printer Models
The procedures and solutions provided in this blog for changing the ink can work on the following models of the Epson Printer series like Epson WF-2850, WF-2750, XP-440
Frequently asked questions on net
Can I print if one cartridge of Epson printer is empty?
You can for the moment print with black ink when color ink cartridges are spent. When the color ink is used and the black ink remains, you can keep printing for sometime using only black ink. However, you should restore the used ink cartridges as soon as possible.
Why is Epson printer not printing when the ink is full?
A number of issues may cause the printer to print blank pages, such as print settings, low ink, or the product itself. Print a nozzle check pattern to check if any nozzles are clogged. Clean the print head, if required. Ensure that the paper size, orientation and layout settings in your printer software are correct.
Why cannot I connect my Epson printer to WiFi?
If the product is not connected to your wireless network, the WEP key or the WPA passphrase may have been incorrectly entered. Verify that the product is switched on and connected to your network. If you have a wireless connection, the WiFi light should be on. Ensure that you set up your network printing software properly.
In conclusion, the above techniques will iron out your problems regarding Epson printer ink change.
Hopefully, this was your Ultimate guide on “How to change ink and ink cartridge on Epson printer WF-2630, WF-2850, WF-2750, XP-440 and also to use stop button on an Epson printer and issues regarding Epson printer not printing when the ink is full.”