Did your Epson printer stop working and display Epson error code 0x97 on screen? It is not your device alone, which is facing this problem. Even the most efficient models of the Epson printers may encounter this error, such as Epson WF 3620, WF 3640, etc. With simple solutions and simple steps, you can remove this error from your device. You can find 10 solutions along with the steps in our guide to fixing this Epson error code 0x97. Also you will get simple hacks on Epson 0x97 fix patch download to fix error code 0x97.
First, let’s start the blog with a better understanding of this error.
What’s the Epson Error Code 0x97?
Epson printer error code 0x97 is a general Epson printing error that tells you to turn on and off your printer. Furthermore, your printer will stop printing anything, and it will also stop you from using it in any way. The Epson printer error may be related to issues such as your printer’s internal hardware. Long-term users of Epson printers are more likely to experience this problem.
The genesis of Error Code 0x97
The main reason for this Epson printer error code is an internal hardware problem like motherboard failure. The second cause of this error may be a printer with dust, paper jammed, or dirty printhead. Other causes of this error with the Epson printer include hardware malfunction and Epson printer clogged nozzles.
How do I fix Error Code 0x97 on WF 3620, Epson WF 3640?
We’ve come up with 10 excellent solutions that are easy to understand and finally came with simple steps to follow. We assure you that these solutions for Epson error code 0x97 will quickly fix your Epson WF 3620, WF 3640 device.
Fix 1: Epson 0x97 Fix patch download
- Firstly, downloading the Epson 0x97 fix patch can help clear the error right away. Follow the three small steps given here to make this solution work.
- Secondly, download ‘0x97 Fix Patch’ from the official Epson website.
- Thirdly, press the “Scan” button.
- Finally, press the “Repair” button to repair your printer.
Fix 2: Reboot & Restore System
The second solution to remove this printer error from your device is to reboot and restore your computer. This process will fix any obstruction in your device that causes this printing problem. This process consists of 10 steps.
- Firstly, restart your computer.
- Secondly, log in with your admin id.
- Thirdly, click on the ‘Start’ button.
- Fourthly, then choose ‘All programs’.
- Now press on ‘accessories.’
- Move to “Tools” and click “System restore.”
- Press the button on ‘Next’ after tapping on “Restore my machine to an earlier date.”
- Just choose the latest restore date in the ‘click a restoration date’ list, and then click ‘Next.’
- Go to the verification window and click the “Next” button.
- Finally, reboot your PC once the process of restoration is over.
Fix 3: Launching Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter
You can use the ‘Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter tool’ to fix the Epson printer error code.
Check the 4 steps below to use this tool.
- Firstly, visit the website of Microsoft Support.
- Secondly, look for the tool ‘Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter’.
- Thirdly, download and install this great tool on your Windows system.
- Finally, follow the on-screen directions to use the tool and correct the error.
Fix 4: Turn off and on the printer
When this Epson error code 0x97 malfunction your printer, it will tell you to turn off the device and turn it on again. That is why unplugging and plugging in an Epson printer might be helpful. Learn how to do it in six steps.
- Firstly, plug out all the Epson printer cable connections.
- Secondly, open the device and check for any piece of paper jammed.
- Thirdly, then remove the cartridges from the Epson printer safely.
- If your device is completely disconnected, tap and hold the “Power” button.
- Now, connect all of the cables back to your device.
- Finally, start the printer and use it in a smooth manner.
Fix 5: Clean your printer
Does cleaning your printer to fix the Epson error code 0x97 seem odd? Let us tell you that cleaning the machine with wet tissue can effectively solve the problem. Dust or unwanted materials in the printer may impair its operation. Learn how to clean a printer with a wet tissue in seven steps.
- Switch off and open the printer.
- Grab the clean tissue and slightly soak it in warm water.
- Gently clean the inside areas of your Epson printer.
- Now, wait for your device to dry for at least 15 minutes.
- Reinstall any printer parts separated during the cleaning process.
- Switch on the Epson printer.
Fix 6: Epson Printer Driver Update
The Epson printer error code 0x97 may well be the result of a defective printer driver or an outdated printer driver. Our best advice to you is to install the latest version of the printer driver available for your device. Below we have shown how to update the Windows and OS X Epson printer driver.
Windows Printer Driver Update:
Note: The Epson Printer can automatically check the latest updates to the printer driver, but it also gives you the option to do so manually.
- To manually update the Epson printer driver, go to the “Windows Desktop”
- Right-click the device icon in the Taskbar.
- Now, click the “Update Software” button.
- Tap the “Utility” button in the printer settings window.
- Next, choose “Driver update”.
- Additionally, go to ‘Start’, then choose ‘Epson’/’Epson Software’ and tap ‘Epson Software Updater.’
Epson Printer Driver Update on OS X:
- To update the Epson printer driver manually, open “Applications”
- Go to the “Epson Software” folder.
- Click on the “Epson software updater” button.
Fix 7: Reboot the Epson printer
The reboot of your Epson printer is the easiest of all troubleshooting measures. Let’s find out how to reboot the machine to eliminate the Epson printer error code.
- First, switch off your printer from Epson.
- Now, plug the device in.
- Remove any connected cables to your device.
- Please leave your printer for 5 minutes.
- Next, press the “Power” button on the machine for a minute.
- While still holding the “Power” button, reconnect the power cable to your Epson printer.
- Hold the “Power” button for a moment.
- Now, stop holding the “Power” button. Once the device has been correctly rebooted, it can be used error-free.
Fix 8: Confirm the Clogged Ink Cartridges
Sometimes, due to your device’s clogged ink cartridges, you may experience Epson error code 0x97. We recommend that you check your printer’s ink cartridges and clean them or change your printer’s ink if necessary. Follow the simple procedure explained here to check whether the ink cartridges are clogged or not.
- Tap the “Home” button on your Epson printer.
- Choose “Setup” then.
- Now, you’ve got to choose “Maintenance.”
- Next, select the “Printhead Nozzle Check” option.
- A page containing four colored grids will be printed. You can identify the nozzle that is being blocked.
- If you don’t find any gaps in the printed lines, choose “Done.”
- If you find gaps in the printer lines or the lines are faint, choose the “Clean printhead” option.
- Do not switch off the Epson printer until the cleaning process is finished.
Fix 9: Reinstall the Ink Cartridge
- If the ink cartridges have not been correctly installed on your device, the 0x97 printer error code may cause problems with its operation. The best approach will be to remove the ink cartridges and then reinstall them correctly. This process is explained below.
- The initial step is to switch on the Epson printer.
- Raise the scanner cover upwards.
- Tap the “Stop” button on your printer. If the cartridge is expended/low, it will be relocated to the indicator position. If this is not the case, replace the cartridge by holding the “Stop” button for 5 seconds.
- You’ll find a tab on the cartridge. Press the tab to raise the cartridge and remove it.
- Insert the cartridge in the holder again. Press it down until you hear a click.
- Shut the cover of the scanner.
- Tap the ‘Stop’ again.
- Allow the machine some time to move the printhead to the home position. When the charging of the ink is full, the power light stops blinking.
Fix 10: Launch of Windows Printer Troubleshooter
Are you witnessing an Epson error code 0x97 error on your Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7 system? You can use the Windows Printer Troubleshooter to resolve the issue right away. Take a look at the methods below for using this built-in tool.
Launch Windows Printer Troubleshooter for Windows 7/Windows 8:
- Tap the ‘Windows’ key on the keyboard of your system.
- Type “Troubleshooting.”
- Choose “Troubleshooting” from the results shown.
- Now, click on the button “Use a printer.”
- Press the‘ Next’ option.
- Enable your Windows 7 system to detect print issues.
- Then follow the instructions that will appear on your screen.
Launching Windows Printer Troubleshooter on Windows 10:
- Tap the ‘Windows’ key on the keyboard of your system.
- Type ‘Troubleshooting.’
- Choose ‘Troubleshooting settings.’
- Now, select ‘printer.’
- Next, press ‘Run the troubleshooter’.
- The troubleshooting process will start. After that, open the printer and check if the problem has been fixed.
Note for the reader:
These solutions are also for Epson WF 3620, Epson WF 3640, Epson WF 4630, Epson WF 7610, and Epson WF 7620.
Frequently asked questions in net
How do I fix error 0x97?
- Remove everything from the Printer. Before you proceed, you need to cancel any printing tasks and remove all paper jams from your printer.
- Reset the printer.
- Clean up the print head.
- Install and update the driver of your printer.
What does printer error code 0x97 mean?
Error Code 0x97 is an alert that occurs when you face any type of internal hardware issues in your Epson printer. When this error occurs, your printer will stop printing anything. As a result, it will stop you from completing any important task.
How do I reset my Epson WF 3620 printer?
- Firstly, if necessary, press the home button.
- Secondly, choose Setup.
- Thirdly, scroll down and choose System Administration.
- Scroll down and choose Restore Default Settings.
- Select one of the following options.
- Finally, to reset the selected settings, select Yes.
In conclusion, we can say that the Epson error code 0x97 can happen on your device at any time. Knowing these 10 solutions, you can effortlessly get your Epson printer out of the trouble pool. We hope you enjoyed reading this blog. Our perfect guides to offline Epson printers and non-printing Epson printers are also popular with readers. You can also try that. Hopefully, this was your Ultimate guide To fix Epson error code 0x97 in printers like Epson wf 3620, wf 3640, and workforce pro wf 4640 and also to fix Epson error code 0x97 by fix patch download.