Users, if you are trying to print a document from your printer but your Epson printer is printing with lines missing or printer skipping lines when printing. Are you trying to find ways to manually fix the issue? Do not worry, keep your cool. We will iron out your problems. All the Epson problems and solutions regarding Epson printer not printing when the ink is full, printer horizontal lines problem, printer not printing black, not printing after changing ink, and finally how to clean Epson print head nozzles which are blocked or clogged will be covered here in this post.
Genesis of this Error
Epson printer printing with lines missing or printer skipping lines issues is often a standard printer issue and may occur thanks to various reasons, which include:
- Nozzle clogs
- Misaligned print heads
- Low-quality print settings
- Incorrect paper thickness settings
In this article, we have outlined some simple ways to manually fix the problem. In case you need help, call us. Dial Epson support toll-free helpline number and we will help you to fix the difficulty in no time. Our experts can guide you in ‘How to clean Epson print head nozzles, which are blocked or clogged, clean printer cartridges furthermore to optimize the settings of your printer for an uninterrupted printing experience.
The solution to fix the Epson Printer Skipping Lines Issue:
Follow the below steps to resolve Epson printer printing with lines missing issue:
Fix 1 – Run Clean Print Cartridges Utility
- Reconnect your printer to the PC and switch it on. Now click on the Windows Start button and click on the control panel. Double click on the Printer and Faxes folder.
- Right-click on your printer’s icon and hit Preferences.
- Click on the Services tab and choose Service this Device.
- This will open up the Printer Toolbox.
- Now on the Device Services tab, click Clean the Print Cartridge and follow the onscreen guidelines to fix the issue.
- Print a test page to see if the issue has been resolved.
Fix 2 – Clean The Contacts
- Open the ink cartridge to access the door and wait until the carriage gets silent.
- Switch off the printer and take out the power cord.
- Take out the ink cartridge and place it on a clean paper with the nozzle plate facing up.
- Clean the copper-colored contacts with clean cloth and distilled water.
- Clean other ink cartridges as well.
- Also, clean the electrical contacts in the carriage.
- Allow the ink cartridge and carriage electrical contacts to dry for 15 minutes.
- Reinstall the ink cartridges and shut the ink cartridge access door.
- Reconnect the printer and press the Power button to switch on the printer.
- Print a trial page to check if the problem has been resolved.
Fix 3 – Remove the Black Cartridges for 3 Hours
In the black print cartridge, printer not printing black, printer missing lines or skipping lines issues could also be caused because of sediment collection within the nozzle area. To solve this problem:
- Carefully take out the black print cartridge and close the printer.
- Put the cartridge on clean paper with the nozzles up.
- Rest the cartridge for two hours.
- Reinstall the cartridge and print a test page.
- Look for defects on the page.
- If the page still shows an error, follow Step 4.
Fix 4 – Replace the Problem Cartridge
In case you’re unable to repair the difficulty by following the above mentioned steps, replace the defective cartridge with a brand new one. Call us at our toll-free Epson support number and we will help analyze the exact reason behind the issue and take you through the steps to fix the issue permanently. Our certified technicians also will share expert tips to assist you to prevent the matter in the future. So, call us and obtain an instant and expert solution for all of your Epson printer problems.
Frequently asked Questions on Net
Why is my Epson printer skipping lines when printing?
If your Epson printer print output is faint, skipped lines, or missing lines then most probably you have clogged nozzles. This issue is unavoidable because print head clog over time with ink residue. You can use the above methods to deal with this issue.
How do I fix my printer missing lines?
Firstly, ensure you have removed vent tape or packaging tape.
Secondly, use application such Notepad or MS Word. Afterward, from the file menu click ‘Print.’
Thirdly, select your printer from the list.
Fourthly, select ‘Preference’ button and the ‘Utilities’ or ‘Maintenance’ tab.
Finally, run ‘Head cleaning utility’ once or twice.
Next print a trial page.
Can you manually clean your printer heads?
Yes, you can clean your printer heads manually or from PC or printer, but before cleaning you must perform a nozzle check to make sure your print head needs cleaning.
In conclusion, in this post, we have carried out a detailed discussion on Epson printer problems and solutions regarding how to fix Epson printer printing with lines missing or printer skipping lines problem.
Hopefully, this was your Ultimate guide to fix the Epson printer not printing when the ink is full, printer horizontal lines problem, printer not printing black, not printing after changing ink, and finally how to clean Epson print head nozzles which are blocked or clogged. Also, you can check our other posts for detailed hacks on Epson printer problems and solutions.