How to fix Epson printer in Error state in Windows 10 while printing especially in printers like Epson l3110 and workforce 633 printers
Users of Epson printers should be aware that it is common for these devices to be in an error state. If this error occurs, you may not be able to continue with your printing tasks. So, if you want to resume these tasks, you need to troubleshoot the Epson printer error while printing. Before you do that, it will be helpful to know what causes your Epson printer to be in an error state. In the next section, we’ll look at the genesis of the Epson printer problem. Also, we will give you hacks to fix the Epson printer in an error state issue and also update of Epson printer driver.
If you are thinking, ‘Why my Epson printer is in error state, what might be the reason for that? Then below is the genesis of this error.
- There might be a problem with your software.
- Your Epson printer may have a hardware problem.
- Your PC and printer are not properly connected.
- Inside your printer, there may be jammed pieces of paper.
- Using an incorrect ink cartridge for your device is the fifth cause of the problem.
- An inadequate power supply to your printer may leave it in an error state.
- Not only an outdated printer driver but also a corrupt printer driver can cause an error and other damages.
How do I fix the Epson Printer in Error State?
This post is the most eagerly awaited section of this blog. Here you’ll find what to do when the Epson printer is in an error state. A set of instructions has also been provided, along with great solutions. Read them carefully to deal effectively with the printer problem.
Fix 1: Run your Windows Troubleshooter
Windows Troubleshooter can help you fix many errors, including the error status of your Epson printer. Learn how to use a 12-step tool to fix this problem.
- Firstly, type ‘Printers’ in the Windows search bar and press ‘Enter.’
- Secondly, hit on the ‘Devices and Printers’ button.
- Thirdly, a window that shows a list of all devices connected to your system will open. Check for your Epson printer on this printer list.
- Right-click on the Epson printer.
- There will be a drop-down menu. Click on the ‘Troubleshoot’ option.
- Wait a minute for the tool to detect and kill the problem. If your issue is not fixed, go to the next step.
- Open the Start menu on your PC.
- Now, click the ‘Settings’ button.
- Open the section called “Devices.”
- Next, click “Printers & Scanners.”
- Locate your Epson device on the list of printers and scanners. If you cannot see your device, click the “Add printer or scanner” button.
- Finally, windows will automatically detect your Epson printer and provide you with instructions on how to install it. Follow these instructions to complete the process.
Tip for Readers: If the connection of your Epson printer and PC is not proper. Then, you will not be able to see your Epson device on the printer and scanner list. So, always make sure it is ON and connected to your PC.
Fix 2: Make sure that the ink cartridges are original
In the cause section, we told you that the Epson error state could be the result of not using the correct ink cartridges. Additionally, we suggest that you make sure that you use the original ink cartridges recommended in the Epson printer documentation. If you do not use the original ones, your device will be in an error state and may result in further damage over time.
Fix 3: Check & Remove Printhead Blocking
Your Epson printer may be in error due to printhead blockage. So, you need to check the printhead of your device for any such blockage and remove it. We have provided 10 steps to easily check and remove printhead blockage.
- Turn off your printer from Epson. It must be devoid of any source of power.
- To access the printhead, open the printer cover.
- Slide the printhead to the left.
- Turn on your printer to print the test page and observe the colors that seem to be affected.
- Then select “Tools” from the Epson Device Control Panel.
- Select the “Print Quality” option.
- You may be prompted for errors in the print quality report. Resolve the above and press “Ok.”
- Then open “Menu,” select “Settings,” and then press “Ok.”
- Select ‘Clean Print’ from the ‘Tools’ menu, and hit ‘Ok.’
- The cleaning process will take some time. After that, you can use your device.
Fix 4: Check for connections
Lack of maintenance, loose hardware connections, or any cables that are not correctly connected may be the reason that your Epson printer is in an error state. Here are five great tips to help you make sure the connections are correct and the maintenance is correct.
- Make sure that the hardware does not have any loose connections.
- The cable connecting the printer must not be loose.
- The power cable must be properly connected to the Epson device and the power source.
- If no wire is lost, it will be helpful to remove each wire and clean the dust.
- The router and other wireless connections should be appropriate for the Epson wireless printer.
Fix 5: Epson Printer Driver Update
If you have an Epson printer driver version that is out of date, your system will restrict you from using a printer. Here you can learn how to get the Epson printer out of error by updating the printer driver.
- Press the “Windows” key along with the “R” key to open the Run Box.
- In the Run box type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press ‘Enter’ to open the ‘Device Manager’ key.
- Find your printer device here and right-click it.
- Hit the ‘Update Driver Software’ button and a window will open.
- Choose “Search for updated driver software automatically.”
- Follow the guidelines on the screen to complete the process.
How to Fix the Error State Epson Printer in Windows 10?
Fix 1: Solve hardware problems
- Hardware issues can make an easy way for an Epson printer to get Windows 10 error. We have four expert tips to help you avoid hardware problems.
- A proper connection must be established between the power cord of your Epson printer and the electrical panel.
- Ensure that the USB cable is working and properly connected to your Windows 10 system.
- In the case of a wireless Epson printer, the wireless network connection must be the correct one.
- Always print a blank page to make sure your device is working correctly.
Fix 2: Check Connection & Restart of Printer
This solution involves checking the correct printer connection and then restarting it. If the Epson printer and Windows 10 PC connection are good. Then, there will be no physical connection problems. Once you are sure there is no connection issue, restart your printer.
- Turn your Epson device off.
- Check the trays for any piece of paper jammed.
- Also, see that the levels of the ink are not low.
- Now, turn the device on.
- Note for Readers: If you have a wireless Epson printer, reboot both the modem and the machine.
Fix 3: Inspect Epson Jammed Paper Printer
However, if your Epson printer is in error state Windows 10, then a paper jam is the most probable cause. Therefore, checking your printing device for paper bits will be a good option if the printer does not print. Here we have shown you how to check and remove jammed paper from the Epson printer in 8 simple steps.
- Plug your printer out of Epson.
- Ensure that there is no loose paper on the paper tray.
- Now, remove the paper roller from your device.
- Gently clean the paper roller with a clean cotton cloth and put it back in place.
- Now, you can access the printhead of your Epson printer.
- Move it to the left and check that it moves without any obstructions.
- Now plug your device in, and then restart it.
- Print the test page to see that there is no paper jammed inside.
Fix 4: Reboot the Epson Printer and Windows 10 PC
If you are using a Windows 10 computer and your Epson printer is in an error state. Rebooting can solve the problem. In 6 steps, you can learn how to perform this solution.
- Stop all printing tasks on your computer.
- Please shut down your Windows 10 system.
- Cancel and turn off printing tasks on your Epson printer.
- Now, reboot the system.
- Power on your printing device, too.
- Your printer will be out of error. Use this as usual.
FIX 5: Windows 10 update of Epson Printer Driver
Do you have an updated Epson printer driver on your Windows 10 system? An outdated driver can be a good cause of error for your printer. Luckily, installing the latest version of the Epson printer driver on your PC can save you. While your Windows 10 system will automatically check for the most recent version of the Epson printer driver, you can also check it manually. Below are the steps:
- Open the Desktop window.
- Then right-click the product icon in the Windows taskbar.
- Now, tap the “Software Update” button.
- Go to the “Utility” tab in the printer settings.
- Press the “Driver Update” button.
Note for Readers: Alternatively, you can also update your printer driver using “Epson Software Updater.” Click the “Start” button, and you will find the “Epson” or the “Epson software program group” button. The “Epson Software Updater” is available here.
Fix 6: Reinstall Epson Printer Driver for Windows 10
Even if you have an updated Epson printer driver on Windows 10, your device may still be in an error state. Therefore, you can reinstall the Epson printer driver on your system for this reason. Learn how to reinstall Epson printer driver Windows 10 with this set of guidelines.
- Firstly, open the “Settings” button on your Windows 10 PC.
- Secondly, press ‘Devices’ and select ‘Printers & Scanners.’
- Thirdly, select your printer from the “Printers & Scanners” section and press the “Remove Device” button. Then, press the “Yes” button to confirm.
- Now, make sure your printer is ‘’ON’’ and connected to your system.
- Open the “Settings” button on your computer.
- Press the ‘Devices,’ option. Now, press ‘Printers & Scanners’ and then “Add printer or scanner”
- Choose “Add Device” if you can see the Epson printer in the window. Windows will install the driver.
- If you cannot see your Epson printer in the options. Then, pick “The printer that I want isn’t listed.” Then choose “Add a local printer or a network printer with manual settings” and tap “Next.”
- Choose the option “Use an existing port.”
- Hit USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB) from the drop-down menu on the right and press ‘Next.’
- Go to the column “Manufacturer” and choose “EPSON.”
- Choose your device from the “Printers” column. If you cannot see your device, choose “Windows update.” When the printer list has been updated, choose “Epson” from the “Manufacturer” column and your device from the “Printers” column.
- Now click on the “Next” button.
- Fill in the name of the printer and click “Next” again.
- Then, select “Don’t share this printer” and then tap “Next.”
- Lastly, click on the “Print Test Page” button.
- Finally, select “Close” and press “Finish”.
Fix 7: Restart Epson Printer and Windows 10 PC
While you may already know how to reboot your Epson printer and PC, here we have a step-by-step procedure to help you get this solution.
- Close your printing tasks.
- Check that there are no tasks on the print queue.
- Turn off your Windows 10 and printer system.
- Now, reboot the Windows 10 PC and the printer.
- Print a trial page to make sure the problem has been fixed.
Fix 8: Install Windows 10 updates
The Epson printer error state can be fixed by installing the Windows latest updates. Learn how to check the available updates for your Windows 10 PC in 6 quick steps.
Firstly, hit Start menu on your Windows 10 system.
- Secondly, open the “Settings” section.
- The third step is to go to the “Update & Security” settings page.
- Fourthly, then click on the “Windows update” button.
- Now, tap “Check” for the “Updates” button.
- Finally, any available Windows 10 updates will now be installed in your PC.
Frequently asked questions in net
How do I get Epson printer out of error state?
Firstly, check all of your connections. Check your hardware for any loose connections.
Secondly, reinstall/Update your driver.
Thirdly, use Windows Troubleshooter.
Finally, if there is nothing that seems to solve the error then call Epson support service.
Why is Epson printer in an error state?
If your printer display shows “Printer in error state,” there may be an issue with the printer itself. Make sure the printer is switched on and connected to your PC via Wi-Fi or cable. Test out for low paper or ink, and be sure the paper is not jammed and cover is not open.
Why is my Epson wireless printer not printing?
The problem may be caused by either a printer, computer, or a wireless network. … If you cannot print a nozzle check pattern, check the LCD of the product for error messages. Clear any errors shown on the LCD, then attempt printing a nozzle check pattern again. If you still cannot print, please contact Epson support.
In conclusion, the above methods will fix Epson printer in error state. Additionally, for Epson printer error you can see documentation of Epson printer.
Hopefully, this was your Ultimate guide on How to fix or get your printer out of error state in Windows 10 while printing especially in printers like Epson l3110 and workforce 633 and update of Epson printer driver.