How to Fix Epson Error Code 0xea?
Users, if your Epson printer is brand new, then this is your first time setting it up. You may be thrilled to possess in your hands your brand new printer. Ensure you do not end up facing the Epson printer code 0xea error because of your excitement. This error occurs when you are not careful in handling the packaging material well. When this error happens, then you are at your wits end. Do not worry, keep your cool. Below are the solutions to get you out of this Catch-22 situation. In this post, you will also find a good Epson 0xea repair tool download.
The 0xea error code can occur not only on the new Epson printers but also on the old ones. This post is going to be helpful to protect your Epson printer from this error. Read the entire blog to understand the common causes and solutions for this Epson printer error.
What is the Epson Error Code 0xea?
The Epson error code 0xea on the Epson printer could be a usual problem. It is seen more in the new one than the old Epson printers. You cannot be ready to print or scan your documents until the fixation of your Epson printer error code. The main causes of this error code are given below:
The genesis of the Epson Printer Code 0xea Error?
Here, we have identified the four most common causes of the 0xea error code on Epson printers. Following are the causes:
- Mishandling of the packaging material can cause the carriage caddy to get jammed and can cause this error.
- Improper installation of the cartridge into your Epson printer can cause this error code.
- Bad configuration of the ink cartridges is the third common cause of the Epson printer error 0xea.
- When the Epson printer is new, the nozzle of the ink cartridge comes covered with foam. Not removing this will also cause the 0xea error code on your Epson printer.
How to Troubleshoot Error Code 0xea?
Fix 1: Inspect Your Epson Printer
In the first method, we will tell you ways to examine the insides of your Epson printer and take away any obstructions. Read the seven steps given below to repair the Epson printer error 0xea.
- Firstly, turn off your Epson printer.
- Secondly, detach the power cord and the USB cable.
- Thirdly, check the insides of your device. Take out any pieces of jammed paper, tapes, or other such materials.
- Fourthly, place the printer cover back.
- Finally, turn on your Epson printer. Inspect whether the Oxea error code persists.
Note for Readers: Just in case the 0xea error code persists, we will suggest you take out the ink cartridges of your Epson printer. Inspect the ink cartridges carefully. Remove any bits of paper or tape stuck to that. Then place the ink cartridges back. Check your printer for this error afterward.
Fix 2: Shut down Your Printer and Reinstall Cartridges
Many-a-times the ink cartridges are not properly installed. This can cause the Epson printer error code 0xea. So, in the second method, we will tell you ways to take out ink cartridges from your Epson printer then reinstall them. You can perform this method in eight steps.
1. Turn on your Epson printer.
2. Then lift the scanner unit upwards.
3. Now, tap the “Stop” button.
Note for Readers: If the cartridge is low or expended, the print head will move it to the indicator position. Then you will have to tap the ‘Stop’ button again to check for more expended or low cartridges. After checking all the cartridges, the print head will come to the replacement position. Steer clear of moving it with your hands, or else you will damage this part. If the cartridges are not expended or low, the print head will not move. To replace the cartridge, tap the ‘Stop’ button for at least 6 seconds to place it in the replacement position.
4. Next, press the tab on the cartridge to pull it. Keep it straight while removing it.
5. Check the cartridge for anything stuck to that.
6. Next, insert the cartridge again. Press it downwards until you hear a clicking sound.
7. Lower down the scanner unit.
8. Tap the “Stop” button to maneuver the print head to the home position. The printer light will flash. When the light stops flashing that means completion of ink charging.
Fix 3: Ensure the Configuration of Cartridges
Improper configuration of the cartridges of your Epson printer also can lead to the 0xea error code. It is usually the case when the device is new. Therefore, we will suggest you to ensure that the configuration is correct.
Fix 4: Launch Smart Troubleshooter Tool
You can resolve the Epson printer code 0xea error with the assistance of the Smart Troubleshooter tool. This tool will assist you to identify the reason behind the error code then fix it. In addition to it, you can also remove other bugs with this tool.
Let us see the steps to use the Smart Troubleshooter Tool.
1. Download the ‘Smart Troubleshooter Tool’ on your PC.
2. Choose the option of ‘Scan now’.
3. Wait for few moments until the tool scans your device for the error.
4. When the scanning process is complete, press the ‘Fix’ icon.
5. Allow the tool some time to fix the error.
6. When the matter has been fixed by the tool, restart your Epson printer.
Fix 5: Run Epson 0xea Repair Tool
The Epson 0xea Repair Tool offers another good way to repair the Epson printer error code 0xea on your machine.
In case you have no idea to use this tool. Then, consider the 8-step procedure given below.
1. Visit the official website of Epson printers.
2. First step is the ‘Epson 0xea Repair Tool’ download. When the download is finished, install the ‘Epson 0xea Repair Tool.’
4. Secondly, on the completion of installation, open the tool and press the ‘Scan Now’ button.
5. Wait for few moments until the tool finishes the scanning process.
6. Then press the ‘Fix’ button. The tool will now begin to fix the problem.
7. Restart your Epson printer when the method is complete.
8. Print a test page to see that the error has been resolved.
Note for Readers: You can also use the solutions mentioned in this blog for fixing the 0xea error code on the Epson WF 2630 Printer and also the Epson L565 Printer.
Frequently asked questions on the Net
How to clean the heads of an Epson printer?
Please ensure the device is turned on and the ink out light is off. Open the Page Setup dialog box and hit the ‘Utility’ button, now click the Head Cleaning button. Follow the instructions on the screen. The power and ink lights flash while the printer performs the cleaning cycle.
How do I reset my Epson printer?
Epson printer Factory Reset:
- Switch off the printer.
- Press and hold the reset button on the back of your printer (generally located to the right of the ethernet port).
- Turn the printer on while holding the reset button.
- Wait until a message is printed indicating that the printer is being reset.
What is an Epson printer maintenance box?
The maintenance box stores the ink that is flushed out of the device during the print head cleaning. When the ink cartridge is fully used or the maintenance box is now at the end of its service life, you need to replace it.
In conclusion, many Epson printer users have found this blog helpful for troubleshooting the 0xea error code on their devices. We are sure that this post will help you to fix the Epson printer error on your device. Let us know how much you liked reading this post within the comment section below. Your feedback is valuable to us.
Hopefully, you liked our Ultimate guide on How to Fix Epson error code 0xea in printers like WF2750 and our hacks on Epson 0xea repair tool download. Also, explore our recent post on Epson printer offline. It is worth a read!